Here are some recommendations to help prevent driver fatigue and road trance:
- Get regular exercise
- Plan a healthy, well-balanced diet
- Eat a light meal before driving, not a heavy one
- Keep driver’s area cool and well ventilated
- Avoid soft music, change radio stations often
- Watch for road and traffic signs
- Drive with an erect posture, with legs at a 45-degree angle
- On break, get out of the vehicle and walk, jog, or stretch
- Avoid alcohol & any medications that might cause drowsiness
- Sing, Chew gum, Stretch, vary driving speeds, and listen to the radio to keep alert.
- Wear sunglasses only during daylight hour
These suggestions will help avoid accidents that often result from driver fatigue and road time trance. An alert driver is a safe driver. Remember to practice safety. Don’t learn it by accident.